Interesting surface piercing placement?

Obviously one of the reasons that people like surface piercings is that it gives them the ability to place piercings just about anywhere with a reasonable chance of successful healing. But I often wonder just how and why people choose their particular placement — what exactly struck them about the back of their shoulder that made them decide that was the one they wanted?

Thanks to Anders the Piercing Guy down in Brisbane, Australia for the photo.

One thought on “Interesting surface piercing placement?

Posted on 03-07-2006 21:43:25 by jOELTRON
    I wonder how it would heal there. Thats my “sleep-on” spot (sort of rolled half on my side, half on my back).

Good to see some aussies with some cool surface work too.

Posted on 03-07-2006 22:51:10 by taterotica
    probably chosen to take attention from his david hasselhoff hair and acne.

Posted on 03-08-2006 00:10:09 by b
    Maybe because it is easy to show off in shirts like that?

Posted on 03-08-2006 01:05:58 by Rockerbaby
    Maybe it feels right to them :/

Posted on 03-08-2006 01:58:07 by outmywindow
    Funny, it wasn’t the surface piercing which drew me in (which, by the way, I like), but the bizarre underwater dolphin-scape behind him. Seems to me like Olan-Mills is way cooler in Australia than they are in the States.

Posted on 03-08-2006 05:53:07 by x
    yeah, i’ve seen this dude around… he wears the same shirt all the time… he’s a bit of a tool. interesting spot though.

Posted on 03-11-2006 11:14:00 by yz