Another world record?

On the fourth of March, 2006, Charlie Wilson of Sunderland Body Art did 1015 captive bead ring piercings on Kam Ma (pictured). It took seven hours and fifty-five minutes, and to the best of my knowledge is the current world record for the most number of piercings done at once with jewelry inserted. Visit their website for more photos and details, and I’ll try and get more coverage up soon.

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , , , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

2 thoughts on “Another world record?

Posted on 03-15-2006 02:14:34 by Jo
    Is it just me that is thinking… “no! not through the tattoo!”?

Posted on 03-15-2006 02:39:42 by Kendra
    Incredibly hot *drool*

Posted on 03-15-2006 03:26:12 by outmywindow
    At least he put some kind of pattern/organization into the placement of the piercings… That way, if/when he scars, it’ll be asthetically pleasing, not just a bunch of pock marks.

Posted on 03-15-2006 04:45:22 by ItchyStitches
    The wierd thing about this is, it was featured in a newspaper that is given out on the buses here in England, and that was it. I hearsd a few childish girls commenting with the usual, but i thought it was quite nice that nobody minded, and some even felt proud of this man, ig you know what I mean. Good for him, I say, maybe for us all.

Posted on 03-15-2006 04:53:41 by penski
    Due to a bit of local rivalry, Charlie doesn’t mention where the previous record was done or who did half the work…interesting.

*n

Posted on 03-15-2006 06:45:58 by dogboy
    way cool . . . pity he left the price tag on his shorts!

Posted on 03-15-2006 08:49:01 by Poppie
    The weight of the rings must feel quite interesting. It looks good (:

Posted on 03-15-2006 11:02:47 by Kendra
    Price tag on him? I’d buy him!

Posted on 03-15-2006 11:13:55 by ButterflyGhost
    i read about him in the newspaper you get on the bus too. the people i was with were kidna shocked, but not too negative about it

Posted on 03-15-2006 11:15:16 by trinityva
    I’d buy him too, mm.

Posted on 03-15-2006 12:03:15 by LostSally
    Holy Shit!!! That is soooo FUCKING AWESOME…… That guy is super-HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 03-15-2006 17:49:26 by the_logic_of_crocodiles
    i assume the bus newspaper you’re talking about is the metro? i love that newspaper lol

it was funny looking at all the commuters on the tube’s faces when they turned to that page.

Posted on 03-16-2006 04:04:32 by penski
    I think it was also in the Mirror or some other similar pantheon of journalistic integrity but yeah – t’Metro had it. The Metro is awesome but in the last few years it’s turned from a completely unbiased edatorial stance to a sensationalist rag.

Still better than most priced papers though.

*n

Posted on 03-16-2006 18:46:27 by Alkaline_fairy
    I’ve been pierced by Charlie ^_^ I think the weight of the rings would be an interesting experience. Much like chain mail perhaps?

Posted on 03-22-2006 00:14:16 by etoile
    Me too, Jo.

2. am not the average male 20,35 that gets into body modifacation.have just had my first lot of 6 pierceings on my back,have had them for 3weeks and not looking good,have been pierceing myself for 5 yrs did 2 years tattooing ,gave it all up for personal reasons but have since found a new lease in life.Am heavely tattooed for a female and have every normal pierceing there is but am totally fucked as these wont heal and i love them.Am thinking if they don`t start to improve in the next week will have the other 6 done and lace them up and have some proffesional photos done.Ihave seen a spiritual healer who has been and will return for 3 days and have them bound with some shit,but hey don`t have anyone to talk to so will try anything and i don`t care wat it cost i wont them,so if you have any advise please contact me,will even give you a phone numbere,am 36 single{by choice}and live in Australia.