Huge Loser Award

This award goes to "Holier Than Thou" of Parramatta, Australia. These idiots have decided that instead of designing their own logo they'd just rip off BME's logo. When I sent a BME spy in to find out what was up they pretended to be friends of mine and said that I was OK with their use of the logo. This is not at all true, and I strongly urge that you not give this studio any business, nor believe any of their lies.

ur stoopedd

I have never understood why these people even bother. Yeah, you found BME by "accident", the logs show you browsing ever file available, and then you feel Christian guilt and send me these moronic messages?

From: "BEN VINCENT" <[email protected]>
hello gays hope that your cocks become infected by the fleas of a thousand camels

From: pulse <[email protected]>
Subject: good stuff
The only redeeming thing about your organization and its performers is knowing that at sometime you will all die.

From: David <[email protected]>
Subject: hello
are those pic real? pretty nasty.

From: [email protected] (Mike Fix)
Subject: ha.
Congrats on making me feel sick inside. It's rare when that happens.

Cheers,

Mike

From: Paul S <[email protected]>
I recently found your web page by ACCIDENT, linked there by an email I recieved from an anonymous sender @ hotmail. I would just like you to know that I feel you are a sick, sick person. This is simply my opinion, I am not saying you are a BAD person, but the things you have on your website are completely disgusting, and you have no 'under 18' warnings whatsoever. I found your site extremely offensive, disgusting, nauseating, and completely distasteful. I would like you to incorporate some sort of adult check screen, because if a child or young adult were to wander in to your site, you may find yourself facing a lawsuit. I am in no way threatening you, I am all for freedom of speech, all I ask is that you PLEASE incorporate some sort of under 18 check. Using adultcheck would be a good idea, but if you don't want to use that, please consider a credit card age verification screen. Again, I am not threatening you, and even if you ignore this letter, I will be dissapointed, but you need not worry about me involving the law. I am simply saying that by taking my advice you may avoid a lawsuit at a later time, and by no means from me. Please consider everything I have said. I didn't mind anything that I saw on your page other than the 'testicular torture' and 'saline injections' areas, and I hope that you would consider either making these things 'less available' to the public, or using adult check.

Thank you for your time -
An extremely nauseated 'non-customer'... Ever.

From: "Bob H." <[email protected]>
Subject: uh
you guys are fucking sick

EAT SHIT AND DIE, ALL OF YA'LL!

From: "ifa-guy" <[email protected]>
Subject: ?????????
First of all, let me say this... I am a member of the piercing community, and in fact, a former body piercer. I have looked at your site for a couple of years, and have always found that it has been not only informative, but well presented.

HOWEVER... you have strayed seriously from this presentation. I am absolutely appalled at the sale of surgical tools AND these disgusting, vile videos over the internet. Do you NOT understand that these are MEDICAL TOOLS to be used by MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS ONLY!?!?!?

As someone who has seen a lot, and been around a lot of piercers & tattoo artist, I know of NO ONE qualified to have a BONE SAW! I know of NO ONE that needs these insane tools... and to present them as being for the amateur FRANKENSTEIN?!?! This is neither clever nor cute. This is sickening.

You present these with these minor little warnings, and yet show a step by step "how-to" on a saline injection? Do you not feel responsible for the damage these could cause? What about the 15 year old kid that gets these supplies, through you (although I'm *sure* you verify age, right?) or someone else, and tries to inject his scrotum with saline & winds up seriously injured, or even dead? Who is to blame? Your lame disclaimer makes little difference, in the end. Where did he learn this? BME!

You have pushed the line too far. If you, or the circle of people associated with BME, chose to cut off their fingers, inflate their labia & saw off bones, then so be it. However, do you think it's responsible OR legal to sell these tools to the general populace? Have you ever heard of practicing medicine without a license?

I am sickened by this site. It will be interesting to see how long it is before the BME/News is featuring a lawsuit directed at BME, the fine purveyors of surgical tools for all your home mutilation needs. It will further be interesting to see how long it is before, a 401/CANNOT ACCESS THIS PAGE error comes up when one points their browser to this page.

You've gone too far. This is sick, irresponsible & illegal.

I hope you're taken off line before you're responsible for someone's mutilation or even death. And your little disclaimer won't save you then.

This is VILE!

Jason T. Claudon

Alright, now I know that a lot of you might agree with this letter, at least part of it, at first reading. What you need to understand though, is that BME is not a piercing ezine, nor is it a tattoo ezine -- BME is "Body Modification Ezine" and does its best to represent the entire gamut of the bod mod community. Not just the mainstream elements. It covers anything from the most vanilla to the weirdest, most perverse and kinky things a person can do to their body, and does its best to treat them all fairly and without prejudice.

BME also takes a very free-thinking stance when it comes to personal freedom and an individual's right to control their own body. I strongly believe that as long as you're not hurting anyone else, and that you're aware of what you're doing and the possible ramifications, that you have every right to go ahead and do it, even if it carries a certain amount of danger. BME does its best to promote this belief by providing a forum for people to share their experiences, as well as an online storefront to find the implements and supplies of this subculture.

As far as the store goes, first of all, have a sense of humor! The labels and titles are all done quite tongue-in-cheek. And as far as the legality goes, it is 100% legal for me to sell these items, and it is also legal to buy and possess them in most of the world. Keep in mind that most parts of the world do not have the strict Puritan laws that the United States do. I am not in the US, and neither are many of BME's readers and customers.

What it boils down to, is just try and be more open-minded. I'm very fond of body piercing, but it's really just a little fellow in a much wider world of body modification. Don't try and think you understand what other people are into, and don't judge them if they're not hurting you. Let them have their fun, and you have yours.

And keep that mail coming!

Return to BME/News