Super Pollo Contra Tattoo

To tell the truth Greg‘s tattoo (by Bill Falsetta at Name Brand Tattoo in Ann Arbor, MI) is the spreadshot icon from the Nintendo game Contra, but to me in Mexico, all I can think of when I see it is Super Pollo (the fried chicken chain)… I know, they don’t really look that similar, but still…

PS. Thanks Phil for going out and snapping a photo of the sign!

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

3 thoughts on “Super Pollo Contra Tattoo

Posted on 11-28-2005 22:23:26 by Bear Juice
    Man. That’s really awesome. Maybe I’ll get the SP logo somewhere next.

Posted on 11-29-2005 00:39:20 by akamorgue
    holy crap. i used to play contra like a fiend. i sucked at it, but that’s probably because i was like 8 years old.

Posted on 11-29-2005 02:10:27 by crypulse
    i remember that game. i also sort of remember what fried chicked tasted like. i miss both. i think i’ll try to get my hands on the game. i don’t know about the chicken, though. i’ll bet one day, i’ll break.

Posted on 11-29-2005 03:14:01 by Bear Juice
    It’s really weird seeing my tattoo up there like that… I think I like it. Now I need to be famous!

Posted on 11-29-2005 10:42:11 by Amy
    As someone who spent the vast majority of her childhood playing Contra, I must say that is a damn classy tattoo.

In particular, it’s nice to see 8-bit gamers thinking outside the box for their pixel tattoos. The 1up mushroom and the Triforce are becoming the nerd equivalent of swallow and “Mom”-on-a-heart tattoos, it seems.

Posted on 11-29-2005 15:07:18 by rafael