Like Father, Like Son

I got this wonderful little parental tribute tattoo story from Jesse McPherson, tattooed by Eric at Tattoo Alley in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, who writes,

"This is a tattoo I got a few days ago, and my fathers tattoo which it was based off of. The idea for this tat came when I got a call from my brother informing me that our father is in the hospital and has been diagnosed with Leukemia. So that night I though I wanted to get one of his tattoos, took a few pictures (with a camera phone) the next day when me and my bro went to visit him the next day and my brother drew something up and did the tattoo the next day."

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

One thought on “Like Father, Like Son

Posted on 03-06-2006 22:21:00 by sarah
    wow, how touching! and very well done.

Posted on 03-07-2006 12:43:16 by Jesse McPherson
    Well this is why you should proofread emails before sending them. I think I need to try again, and prove myself worthy of using the english language.

“This is a tattoo I got a few days ago, and my fathers tattoo which it was based off of. The idea for this tat came to me when I recieved a call from my brother informing me my father is in the hospital and has been diagnosed with Leukemia. That night as I thought about this I decided I wanted to get one of his tattoos and chose the “born to lose” one. In the morning me and my brother went to visit and find out whats going on, at which time i snapped a few shots of his tattoo so my brother could start sketching something up. I wanted to get it that night but had to wait for the next day. After a day full of excitement I got down to the shop my brother works at, took a look at what he sketched up, and got to work.”

There much better.

Posted on 03-07-2006 14:35:45 by Shutterbug
    That shop is right near me. Nice work. Very touching story. Best of luck to your father, Jesse.

Posted on 03-07-2006 20:53:05 by BadlyDrawnGirl
    Very nice.

Posted on 03-07-2006 21:41:53 by glider
    Oops, sorry Jesse for not proofing your letter before posting!!! If it makes you feel any better, my entries are a mess before I clean them up… way way worse!

Posted on 03-08-2006 00:21:37 by LeeLoo
    I am jealous of that tattoo! It looks great and I am really happy Eric did it for you.