Pontiac Firebird Tattoo

I’ll argue that the Firebird logo is one of the greatest logos — let alone factory-provided full hood splash logos — on any car, ever. I guess this customer of Shawn at The Ink Spot in Ottawa, Canada agrees?

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

5 thoughts on “Pontiac Firebird Tattoo

Posted on 04-26-2006 09:22:02 by volatile
    Stomach/pubic tattoos RULE.

Posted on 04-26-2006 09:28:47 by ID10T Error
    That is fucking HOT!

Posted on 04-26-2006 09:55:06 by glider
    Yeah, it totally works in that location, and it really is a great logo.

Posted on 04-26-2006 12:13:28 by Lancer
    I wonder if he’s rockin’ a mullet too?

Posted on 04-26-2006 14:36:04 by Coolio
    thought u couldn’t tattoo over scars….looks he got some comming from his belly button…but awesome tattoo at that

Posted on 04-26-2006 14:58:24 by amphibeing
    my first car was a firebird.. i miss it.

Posted on 04-26-2006 21:17:28 by outmywindow
    I didnlt notice the scars until someone pointed them out, but now that I’ve looked at them, I must say, they’re pretty hot! Heh… ;)

Posted on 04-27-2006 01:09:50 by killertatertots
    Who says you can’t tattoo over scars. I have an entire fore arm covered in ink that had some pretty serious self injury scars all over it. Sure, detail work cant be done over it, but if done with care, more bold things should have little problem.

Posted on 04-27-2006 12:08:10 by verucassault
    Awesome placement – and I love the logo, too. It’s a lot like the phoenix/firebird that’s shown up when I’ve tripped.

2. That is Actually called the “Screaming Eagle” vinyl and was on trans Ams as well as Pontiac Firebirds between aprox. 1977 to 1982. (Thought someone might like the info)

3. I have the 79 pheonix on my back I think its neat that he has that also. I definitly love the logo!

4. Tattoo looks awesome.

For those who are wondering. Its actually nick named the “screaming chicken”

I collect firebirds and trans ams.

5. It is nicknamed the screaming eagle, firebirds are nicknamed firechickens because they are often thought to not be that good of a car…I own one but I have faith. I LOVE the logo and a friend of mine has a smaller firebird on the back of her neck.