With all the responses we got with our last job posting, we’ve stated to make great strides towards getting the BME World Tour videos from Japan translated. We’ve got enough translators now, but we are still looking for someone to fill the position of Lead Programmer for BME.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Multi year senior level programming experience in python (as well as C/C++).
- Core competencies in Python.
- Excellent HTML/CSS/JS skills and an interest and awareness of emerging web standards.
- Superb problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Expected to maintain, enhance and install our custom application stack.
- Expected to be able to manage the whole life cycle of product development including public facing and deployment.
- Experience with linux based web architectures.
- Experience in Java and .NET an advantage.
- Experience of deploying and maintaing websites with Apache, Linux, and either Postgres or MySQL, and development with frameworks such as Django.
- A real appreciation of clean, well-tested, well-documented code.
- SQL database management
- Database administration
- Linux administration
- Working in a mod friendly and positive environment.
- Working in a small private company with international reputation in the Body Modification Community.
- Exposure to some of the most exciting aspects of the industry.
- You can work from home! This can be a part time job for extra income while you maintain a full time job as unfortunately, BME isn’t in a position to offer health care, 401k or other retirement benefits.
- You won’t have to come into BME HQ but you will have a ticket to attend BME’s main events (BMEfest/ModProm etc)!
Of course a post wouldn’t be complete without an unrelated image, so here’s CajunKourt’s recreation of Giger’s “Pisces”.