If the van’s a-rockin’…

I love this zebra girl pinup tattoo by Jay at Lotus Tattoo in Sayville, NY… It’s so 1982! If I ever get a van, this is high on my list of what’s getting airbrushed on the side.

3 thoughts on “If the van’s a-rockin’…

Posted on 12-20-2005 23:47:12 by Wondering
    Why is it okay to make fun of some tattooes but not others?

Posted on 12-21-2005 05:46:38 by Arden_Drake
    Who’s making fun?

Posted on 12-21-2005 09:08:33 by glider
    I’m not making fun of this tattoo, I honestly love it!!! I also love Trans Ams, punk rock, early metal, and lots of other things from that era. There’s no subtle teasing or mocking in this entry. I sincerely like it!!!!

Posted on 12-21-2005 10:40:12 by bob
    i feel like it is slightly wrong that the zebra woman is riding an actual zebra. that’s just me.

Posted on 12-22-2005 08:16:34 by Neon Charge Eclipse
    Yeah, but that bit of flash has been around for fucking ages!

It’s great to see someone put thier own little spin on it finally!

Posted on 12-25-2005 16:18:07 by beautyofsilence
    my mom and dad have all these pictures from van rallies they used to go to and some of the shit painted on the side of the vans are great! haha

Posted on 12-30-2005 21:20:10 by outmywindow
    Is it just me or does it look like her right arm is growing out of her throat?

Posted on 03-11-2006 15:53:41 by confused
    Yeah. Maybe she’s gasping for air because that arm in her throat is restricting her breathing.

2. man I remember seeing this picture in an old penthouse I swiped from my dads collection, a woman was the artist I just dont remember her name….and i dont think the tattoo does the original artwork the proper justice.
    the original piece was seared into my pubescent mind…

3. It’s a reproduction of an airbrushed painting from Playboy… the artist’s name is “Olivia De Berardinis” or just “Olivia”. In fact I’ve seen a lot of her work in these pages… She inspires a lot of tattoos