Where are the swing sets?

These song lyrics (I think?) were done by Shauncey Fury at Bombshell Tattoos in Pensacola, FL. “We couldn’t find any swing sets, so we just drove all night, listening to mix tapes” — if anyone knows the source, feel free to post it in the comment forum.

Meh, what’s wrong with me, posting tattoos that remind me that I’m alone on Valentines Day?

One thought on “Where are the swing sets?

Posted on 02-08-2006 21:59:08 by Lindsay
    It’s a drawing or painting by Kurt Halsey. A lot of people get tattoos of his work. There’s a whole community on livejournal devoted to Kurt Halsey tattoos. I personally find his stuff kind of twee, but other people love it.

Posted on 02-08-2006 23:00:42 by anonymous
    Right – they’re not song lyrics at all. In fact, they’re actually part of this drawing. I’ve seen lots of Halsey tattoos, and at least 3 (that I can think of off the top of my head), of this particular drawing. A lot of this artist’s work centers around the cyclical pattern of falling in love and breaking hearts.

Posted on 02-08-2006 23:47:19 by jay

Posted on 02-09-2006 00:14:49 by Eternal_Ice
    if it helps Shannon, i’m getting scary foot surgery done on valentine’s day. yay me.

Posted on 02-09-2006 00:19:17 by Slumbering City
    I personally find it to be a crappy done Kurt tat. I think it had to have been done free hand.

Posted on 02-09-2006 05:12:42 by Poetic Lotus

Posted on 02-09-2006 07:55:34 by Care
    That’s one of my favourite Kurt drawings, but officially one of the lamest tattoo versions of a Kurt piece I’ve ever seen. Jesus, look at the stars, the hearts, her face, his eyes!?

Posted on 02-09-2006 08:12:12 by tokyowars
    Having never seen any of the artwork before this, I think it is the way that this tattoo is rendered that makes it appealing to me. I like the things that Care seems to imply make the tattoo bad. I guess that’s what great about art.

Posted on 02-09-2006 10:27:14 by Acacia
    I agree with tokyowars – I haven’t seen any of the work, but I think the tattoo is.. well ‘cute’.

And dont’ worry Shannon – I’m alone this Valentines too *sighs*

Posted on 02-09-2006 14:18:38 by Slumbering City
    ha there is now a discussion about this in the above mentioned lj community.

Posted on 02-09-2006 15:36:04 by sixfiftysix
    The source is art by Kurt Halsey.

Posted on 02-09-2006 17:11:31 by Moqi
    lyrics are from a kurt halsey

Posted on 02-09-2006 17:36:38 by mrsbadmouth
    As a Kurt Halsey fan, I can tell you that this is not a good rendition of his work. It’s the not the worst Kurt tattoo i’ve seen, but it’s certainly not good. The lesson here is: friends don’t let friends get freehanded Kurt Halsey tattoos.

Posted on 02-10-2006 17:22:50 by CS Williams
    Ok. It may not be a perfect likeness, but if whoever sent it in did so without a caption such as “I hate how he fucked my tattoo” we can assume they’re happy with it, right? Maybe they even specified the changes that have occurred. Sometimes things don’t have to be perfect to make people happy.

Posted on 02-14-2006 14:16:43 by disaster
    I’m pretty sure it’s a Kurt Halsey.

Posted on 02-14-2006 18:37:46 by Kris
    i think it looks good. mabe you chould all stop criticizing.
    it’s not on your body and i beleve it’s beautiful.
    a few differences can make a tattoo that much more yours.
    i believe it’s beautiful darling. don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.