White Ink Snowflake Tattoo

This gorgeous white ink snowflake is by Timppa from Other Side Tattoo in Lahti, Finland (a rather snowy place I’m sure). This picture was taken a week after the first touch-up, and at least one more snowflake will be added still. Seriously, I wish more people would do these — and more artists would do them! Don’t go to just anyone though if you want something like this as white is notoriously hard to put in evenly, and very easy to contaminate.

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , , , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

13 thoughts on “White Ink Snowflake Tattoo

Posted on 03-17-2006 22:24:13 by fre_k
    Wow, that really is quite something.

Posted on 03-17-2006 22:25:38 by mhm27x16
    White ink is the shit! But yes – find someone who knows how to do it.

Posted on 03-17-2006 22:57:13 by fre_k
    Ive got som white ink in my tat, but nothing like that.

Posted on 03-18-2006 02:12:41 by coiffed
    If anyone knows of any places near Calgary, AB, or any artists who would be good to contact about white ink tattoos, I’d LOVE some information!!!

Posted on 03-18-2006 02:38:56 by heliophobe
    That’s wonderful. I am in envy.

Posted on 03-18-2006 03:05:32 by fraisinette
    I’d love to have one of these done in the center of my chest. I know of a good artist for it; I just need the nerve, the cash, and to lose some weight. I’d love to take a microscopic snowflake photo and simplify it in Photoshop.

Posted on 03-18-2006 05:51:22 by tokyowars
    No need to lose weight. I was waiting for that on one of mine, then I figured “well who am I really doing it for?”. Because I did it for me I did it before I lost/lose weight (I know, that reads funny…). Not many people see it yet, but when I’ve lost weight I’ll have more confidence. At the end of the day, I know its there and that’s the main thing.

Posted on 03-18-2006 08:20:03 by mechanolatry
    Actually, I have an entire body concept I want to do in white ink. Anyone know of a good artist on the East Coast? Preferably near Philadelphia?

Posted on 03-18-2006 11:23:11 by dredlok
    Hey. Glad you like my snowflake tattoo. It actually is slightly contaminated by stencil in few points (light blue visible on the right) but we are hoping to cover it up.. And yeah, it is snowing like hell today :)

Posted on 03-18-2006 11:56:50 by Me, again
    Doesn’t white ink turn yellow after a while?

Posted on 03-18-2006 12:35:48 by Reedee
    Oh so beatufull!
    Always wanted to get a pair of those tattooed on my hands. But gotta get the guts to do it first (I’m plainskin in terms of tattoos right now so it would be quite a step).

Posted on 03-18-2006 13:23:21 by glider
    White ink can go a little yellow in some people depending on their skin tone. I’ve got some white ink pieces that are about ten years old though and they haven’t changed since they were healed.

Posted on 03-18-2006 14:14:33 by lippi
    Beaaaaaaaautiful!

Posted on 03-18-2006 14:57:20 by m
    wow beautiful, i’d love to see it again when its fully healed
    is it over a freckle? looks like one by one of the hexagons points

Posted on 03-18-2006 14:59:36 by fraisinette
    I’m 90 lbs overweight and have DDD breasts. I’m going to need to lose some weight for the placement I want.

Posted on 03-18-2006 15:11:48 by me, again
    i always thought about getting white ink done, but im so afraid of it turning yellow-ish… can you fix it if you happen to have a skin tone that it will change on?

Posted on 03-18-2006 15:37:19 by dredlok
    m, of course I will submit pictures to BME when it is healed fully. And yes, it is done over a little mole(?), as this placement didn’t misshape it. The colour is not pure, cool white, more like off-white or creamy, but I don’t mind that at all.

Posted on 03-18-2006 17:45:29 by ly had my left sleeve re-done just a couple days ago. The design consists of entirely white PCB (printed circuity board) design. Photos submitting soon as soon as its all healed up.

‘);

Awesome stuff. I actually had my left sleeve re-done just a couple days ago. The design consists of entirely white PCB (printed circuity board) design. Photos submitting soon as soon as its all healed up.

‘);

Posted on ely colo[u]r (or shade?) and the snowflake really shows off how it can be used in a clean, precise and beautiful way. Props to the artist and can\’t wait to see more added to it dredlok.

‘);
    by jOELTRON

]r (or shade?) and the snowflake really shows off how it can be used in a clean, precise and beautiful way. Props to the artist and can’t wait to see more added to it dredlok.

Posted on 03-19-2006 01:44:54 by mhm27x16
    FWIW, my white ink is coming up on two years old and hasn’t yellowed or faded a bit.

Posted on 03-19-2006 07:06:12 by tokyowars
    I’ve got white in one of mine. It didn’t stay in well the first go, though after the touch up it is seemingly staying in ok. It’s still a bit scaby though…It looks REALLY white at the moment…

Posted on 04-08-2006 18:24:33 by LittleAcorns
    I love that so much! I really want to get something like that. If anyone knows any good artists for white ink in ontario, I would really appreciate it!

2. Does anyone know what company made that white ink? It looks amazing. I’ve been looking for a good one for a long time, and haven’t been able to find one. If anyone knows, i would definitely appreciate it.

3. connelly did both my all white tats – he was in binghamton ny
    at shamans den tattoo. look them up and they can direct you to him – he’s a sick artists and really good with white ink. i think he’s near philly now

4. Does anyone know of a good artist who does white ink in Southern California? I am ready , but don’t know where to look.

Thanks!

5. im wanting an all white thick outline of a heart on my left wrist.
    this snowflake is gorgeous, other than the lightblue left over from the stencil.
    anyone know of anygood places in bloomington, indiana that could and would do a good white tat?

6. I love this tattoo!! I am getting a snowflake and I was going to have it done in baby blue but now Im going white. If anyone knows of a good artist near Oklahoma let me know!

7. my daughters nickname is/was snowflake…she died in December…and i need a white snowflake on my body. i have been told over and over “you can’t do a white snowflake because…” Can someone please make a recommendation of an artist in Michigan that will not only do it, but do a fabulous job as pictured. thank you.

8. does anyone know any artist in northern california or the bay that is willing to do an all white tattoo. i want vines of white with bits of color bleed in but everyone i talk to seems done on the idea. but this tattoo is so inspiring that i would really love any imformation

9. Be very careful getting a white tattoo. I have one covering the entire innerside of my forearm. Its badly discolored. The design is good–but the ginseng violent stencil mixed with the ink. It looks grayish and dirty. My advice is to do a small area to test how your skin will respond wait a month then get the rest if you like the results. Also…if the artist uses a stencil make them wash it off completely. Have them bloodline it first—then wash it extremely well before adding the white ink.

10. Absolutely love the white ink snowflake!!!!! There needs to be way more pictures of snowflakes used in any tattoos…colored or white.