Memento Vivere

Remember to Live.

by Joshua Bowers, Sacred Skin, Des Moines Iowa

2 thoughts on “Memento Vivere

Posted on 04-04-2006 18:12:08 by outmywindow
    I’m not usually into the New School look, but I really like that tattoo!

Posted on 04-04-2006 18:58:24 by lost raevyn
    It’s so “emo”… but supercute. I love it! Nice placement too.

Posted on 04-05-2006 00:30:23 by oldschoolpolice
    That’s not really new school. It’s got old school line work, only the amount of detailing and some of the colors point to it having “new school” influences.

To me new school is super thick outlines, very exaggerated proportion, etc. New school traditional style pieces usually look like they come from a graffiti background or something similar.

Posted on 04-05-2006 00:53:28 by socialobscenity
    i love it. it’s a nice change from all the memento mori…

Posted on 04-05-2006 02:33:14 by ummjon
    i really like that message.

Posted on 04-05-2006 03:27:09 by outmywindow
    Sorry police! Everything I have is bold blackwork (no, not tribal), so I really don’t know what I’m talking about if there’s cartoonish color involved! :)

Posted on 04-05-2006 06:13:12 by starspring
    As someone who spent a lot of time listening to compilation tapes(and traded them too) in the 80s this tattoo really takes me back….This was a message I could have stood to hear at the time as well……

Posted on 04-05-2006 11:29:58 by randomspectator
    Wow, that’s wonderful.

The detail and shading on the tape is stunning, as is the ‘message’ :]

Posted on 04-05-2006 11:51:38 by LostSally000
    That is awesome! I love this tat!!!!!!!!

Posted on 04-05-2006 11:59:28 by Jets
    I absolutely love this, I made a lot of mix tapes when I was younger …

Posted on 04-05-2006 14:50:17 by girlwentquiet
    i totally know that guy. he does AMAZING work. some great stuff is coming out of des moines.

Posted on 04-05-2006 21:00:12 by mycatisnosferatu
    I can’t wait until kids won’t know what those are.

Posted on 04-07-2006 12:02:23 by Joshua B
    I actually did this tattoo… I would like to think of it in a different “school”. I like that it’s not easily categorized, not everything has to be either old school or new school, most of my influences aren’t even tattoo related.

Posted on 04-07-2006 18:41:28 by me
    haha whats a tape?

but yea, its great to see a tattoo utilising something of most of our childhoods, I hardly even listen to tape now, its all CD this, or MP3 that now…

long live tape!

Posted on 04-22-2006 15:08:26 by Scenester
    This is actually my tattoo. I got this done as a memorial tattoo for my brother, since he is the one that really got me into music. He was very positive so i wanted a positive message and also something reflecting my philosophy in life. Josh is adding another peice to it now because I am making it part of a sleeve. I do resent it is emo I dont listen to emo music. I’m an indie/hardcore kid