So… If I’m to believe tattoo iconography, “anti-racism” is represented by a lollipop (ok, that’s a little silly, but I guess it makes general sense), and “Christianity” is represented by a grenade — as David Rees put it, “Thank you God for your healing gift of religion. Monotheistic religion has always brought out the best in us humans; thank You so much for the idea of a vengeful supernatural entity who rewards people in the afterlife. That shit makes a lot of sense.”

Left tattoo by Krash in Denver (on Vomitrocious), and the other piece, “Victory In Christ”, is by Manuel Cruz at Needlez N’ Threadz in Norco, CA.

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

3 thoughts on “Symbology

Posted on 04-26-2006 03:46:10 by toast
    Nobody’s already done this? OK, up to me, then -

“And the Lord spake, saying, first shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, is counted, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.”

Posted on 04-26-2006 04:02:36 by coconutjules
    Thank you, toast! That’s the first thing I thought when I saw this.

Posted on 04-26-2006 05:10:10 by outmywindow
    ^^^ YEA! Man, what HASN’T Monty Python corrupted (in a wonderful, wonderful way)?

And maybe it’s just because it’s late here, but I don’t get the lollipop thing. Is it because racism *sucks*?

Posted on 04-26-2006 09:32:45 by Skip3s
    Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, first thing that came to mind.

Posted on 04-26-2006 14:21:41 by penski
    Go Team Second Monty Python Reference On ModBlog!

*n (can’t find the last one. My google-fu is weak. :()

Posted on 04-26-2006 18:23:46 by hyu
    i think the lollipop represents unity or something with orange and black side by side.

Posted on 04-26-2006 18:27:29 by mitch
    PENSKI-i can’t find it either. but someone asked the meaning of the swallow tattoos, then someone else asked “european swallow or african swallow?” it wasn’t too long ago, and the post was totally unrelated to the comment. i recall someone saying in response to the first question “when did modblog turn into QOD?” or something like that.

Posted on 04-26-2006 19:24:35 by alrdygrownup
    Haha Toast :) Nice messages with the work.

Posted on 04-26-2006 21:26:56 by outmywindow
    @mitch: I remember that. I was the person who made the Modblog/QOD remark. Great sleuthing!

Posted on 04-27-2006 03:16:54 by penski
    That makes three then – I made one a couple of months ago ;)

Mine was a Judean Peoples’ Front one though…

Just realised – Google doesn’t *get* the comments. :/

Posted on 04-27-2006 15:12:35 by me
    i was the one that asked about the swallows it was under the huge genital piercing.

Posted on 04-27-2006 18:16:04 by eoples front one being the first comment.

I remember the judean peoples front one being the first comment.

Posted on site to the person who asked for the swallow meanings

by fre_k

he person who asked for the swallow meanings

Posted on 04-28-2006 13:00:45 by Kendra
    for the lolipop tattoo i’m thinking it maybe has to do with the phrase “just different flavors of the same lollipop” maybe not but its the first thing that comes to mind…

2. I think the lollipop tattoo is an irish thing. Orange stripes on the candy? green font?

That and I know a lot of Irish people that have moved to England and are still treated like shit.

Or maybe I’m just a moron.

3. I just found myself in modblog :-P Honestly, the lollipop dosnt really mean much. It was a tattoo that I got when I was incredibly drunk, and made perfect sense then, but never remembered. I know it sounds terrible. The tattoo was more about the words. The lollipop was just for fun