Dune Tattoo (and brand)

I’ve been seeing a lot of Dune tattoos lately… I’m not sure what happened to bring about the resurgence, but I’m not complaining. My own simplified version of this reads Stay Calm. The main one pictured here is by Shawn at Mos Eisley Tattoo on Tatooine in Grand Rapids, MI. The branding (which basically says the same thing in Braille) is on an old friend scarred by Blair who is just finishing up a NYC tour.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , , , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

2 thoughts on “Dune Tattoo (and brand)

Posted on 05-10-2006 03:48:58 by outmywindow
    Dune is such an amazing novel… These mods are great!

Posted on 05-10-2006 08:53:26 by craspy
    Is it a sign of mental derangement that in my own personal universe Arrakis really exists somewhere out there?

Posted on 05-10-2006 14:40:18 by Sade
    I say that quote all the time in my head…I was actually saying it a few minutes ago heh

Posted on 05-11-2006 14:58:32 by anding says anything like that.

I can’t see how the branding says anything like that.

Posted on .org/ic/nbp/braille/index.html?id=pb6DVfSQ

by bob

Posted on 05-11-2006 22:31:49 by glider
    bob, it says FITMK (you can’t see all of the first and last letter in that picture).

Posted on 05-12-2006 03:08:03 by bob
    Oh, i see. Thank you.

Posted on 05-13-2006 00:28:17 by etoile
    Having successfully completed “Braille for the Sighted” I was pretty confused by that brand. And then I realized: it’s just a bad job. A fundamental element of Braille is that the cells are the same size and aligned properly. So yeah, it’s Braille-like, though not really Braille.

Posted on 05-15-2006 03:40:29 by Aaron
    i’ve met a fella with that whole quote tattooed on his forearm. small samll world.

2. I fucking love that book.

I think braille looks lovely too.

I want something similar but in tattoo form probably.

…I don’t think I’d be able to find anyone in my area good enough that I’d trust them to take away my skin or brand me or whatever… Shame really.