I recently posted a video of Mirin Dajo doing intense skewering (he’s unique though because of the depth to which he penetrates his inner body cavity and even organs). I wanted to share some photos of a friend in Germany who also does very intense (and also largely private) body rituals. I want to mention a few things about this set of pictures before people comment, because I spent a moment debating whether it was a good idea to post this publicly rather than just inside BME/HARD:
- These pictures are quite intense. Don’t click them if you’re not OK with that.
- He’s doing fine and has done this before.
- The damage involved is in line with many surgical procedures (liposuction, procedures involving dermal elevation, etc.) and the risks are managable.
- The fact that he’s OK doesn’t mean it’s safe or easy — don’t try this at home unless you absolutely understand the issues.
- There are thousands of people who do this and while unusual, it is not at all unheard of.
- Throughout history thousands more people have done these rituals both publicly and privately for a variety of reasons.
- He’s doing this because he finds it a valuable and worthwhile experience. That’s a good enough reason for him, and it’s a good enough reason for me.