“Please apply to the lead programmer job opening at BME”
Tattoo by Thorn Reinsmith from Mind’s Eye Tattoo in Emmaus, PA
BME has spent the last 3 years redeveloping its web presence from the ground up. Throughout the process there have been a lot of detours as well as the predictable bumps in the road. BME is looking for a lead programmer to integrate with our development group that has helped to program the new site. You will work with our current company to learn the new site as well as to help finish the deployment of all of BME’s 2.0 rebirth. After the development company has been phased out, you will be responsible for maintenance and changes to the existing site and software. You will also be responsible for programming new features, debugging and developing/programming new sites that will come with BME’s growth. As BME doesn’t have a “main office”, all of our staff work from home. This is a big bonus for most of us and has worked well over the past decade.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Multi year senior level programming experience in python (as well as C/C++).
- Core competencies in Python.
- Excellent HTML/CSS/JS skills and an interest and awareness of emerging web standards.
- Superb problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Expected to maintain, enhance and install our custom application stack.
- Expected to be able to manage the whole life cycle of product development including public facing and deployment.
- Experience with linux based web architectures.
- Experience in Java and .NET an advantage.
- Experience of deploying and maintaing websites with Apache, Linux, and either Postgres or MySQL, and development with frameworks such as Django.
- A real appreciation of clean, well-tested, well-documented code.
- SQL database management
- Database administration
- Linux administration
- Working in a mod friendly and positive environment.
- Working in a small private company with international reputation in the Body Modification Community.
- Exposure to some of the most exciting aspects of the industry.
- You can work from home! This can be a part time job for extra income while you maintain a full time job as unfortunately, BME isn’t in a position to offer health care, 401k or other retirement benefits.
- You won’t have to come into BME HQ but you will have a ticket to attend BME’s main events (BMEfest/ModProm etc)!