UV Blacklight Ghost Flames

I thought this was a good example of an ideal result from UV-ink tattooing. The result here at least appears to be relatively invisible in normal daylight, but then jumps out when under a blacklight at a club… This example is by Richie’s Tats in Lancaster, California. Be warned though — there is no guarantee that UV ink won’t be visible under normal light at least a little (in part because of the ink’s presence, and in part because of the minor scarring that somtimes accompanies tattooing).

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

7 thoughts on “UV Blacklight Ghost Flames

Posted on 11-23-2005 13:16:10 by evilfunkgenius
    This is so nice. All thep laces which I talked to locally in San Jose said that it is not possible to do a design like this since the ink that is used to draw the outline will afect the visibility of the final design. After seeing this, my guess is that the shops I asked at are not into freehanding.

Posted on 11-25-2005 15:13:16 by Burning Angel
    i want…i really do…really nice…

Posted on 11-25-2005 15:22:50 by L1ZZARD
    When people tattoo with the blacklight reactive ink, how do they know what it will look like? Or do they do the tattooing under a blacklight?

Posted on 11-29-2005 11:45:58 by Caine
    man u could have some funky stuff for the club!
    chances of this getting to the UK??

Posted on 01-08-2006 00:25:59 by CONNIE

Posted on 01-23-2006 01:47:24 by Jeremy
    how much does this cost?

Posted on 02-22-2006 01:32:58 by Tightywhiety
    You can order the ink for like $23 a bottle at
    http://bodyartstores.com/~bodyarts/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=Tattoos, then find someone to throw it down.

2. I just got some UV added to my full sleeve tat – it’s looking awesome already and I can’t wait for it to be fully healed so I can show it off!! The photos above look absolutely amazing and I love the flames.

3. Are these tattoos invisible in real light? I mean, the picture doesn’t show, but I plan on getting one of my whole arm, and I don’t want it to show. Already have enough to give my mother (yes I care about what my mother thinks) a heart attack.