(Scarification comes from Ze in Milan, Italy.)
Unrelated to the above photo, Clara recently wrote in about a project she’s putting together for school, which sounds like it could be pretty great, but she needs help from YOU. Yes, YOU. Take it away, Clara!
Dear BME members,
I am a student in Hong Kong working on a video documentary about the health, safety and ethical issues of tattoos and piercings.
As this is a project on body modification, I would like the members of BME to help me by sending me pictures or videos of the following. Basically, if you have any of these photos/videos in pretty decent quality for a DVD, hanging around in your hard-drive…
- Scarred up DIY tattoos.
- Faded DIY tattoos.
- Tattoos with blowouts. Example.
- Name tattoos with the outline of another tattoo waiting to be filled in. Example.
- Tattoos after laser removal. Example.
- Rejecting piercings. Navel, eyebrow, surface…etc.
- Badly done piercings. You know when a client comes in complaining about a piercing done down the road in that shady store? Example 1, 2.
Well healed tattoos/piercings
- Tattoos/piercings that have been done correctly to help my audience distinguish the difference between a poorly and a well done piercing/tattoo. Ear (all kinds), navels, eyebrows, tongues, labrets, surface…etc. Tattooists/piercers, this is your time to shine! Send me your portfolio!
- Your studio’s jewelry display.
- Anatometal surface bars.
- BCRs, Curved barbells, Straight barbells.
- Internal & external threading jewelry, placed side by side for a comparison.
- Substandard jewelry. Example 1, 2, 3.
- Your studio’s layout (reception, sterilising room, piercing/tattoo room.)
- Your studio’s logo.
- Needles (sharps and cannulas.)
- Tattoo machines.
Sterilisation and disinfection
- Ultrasonic cleaners.
- Bagged up tools.
- If there are any 3D animators on BME with too much time on their hands, helping me create animations in HD quality will be very, very much appreciated.
I will need a few of these, showing the insertation and removal of BCRs, Curved/straight barbells (internal & external threading), and the mechanisms of an ear piercing stud. Anyone who would like to help me, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Videos of anything piercing/tattooing related. Must be in DVD quality or higher though. Anyone who would like to help me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
My final video will be in standard DVD quality, where the resolution will be 720 x 576. To allow me some “space” to zoom in/out, or pan sideways without affecting the resolution, I would appreciate it if you can send in your pictures/videos in as high a resolution as possible.
Please only send photos/vids that you own (you should be in the photo/vid, or you must have taken the photo/vid yourself.) Please send them to me with your full name and your city of residence. Your name and city of residence will be used in the credits, whilst your email will be kept confidential. By emailing me picture(s) and/or video(s), you are agreeing to let me use your videos/pictures in my school project, and I have the right to edit or make changes to them as I deem suitable.
Please note, I will not use genital or nipple (male AND female) photos/videos as this is a school project.
Thank you BME. I hope that this is something the whole BME community can be involved in.