Tattoo WMD

I was thinking about how popular biohazard symbol tattoos are in this community (1, 2, 3, 4). I assume that’s because biological contamination is especially important and life threatening to people involved in invasive body art, more so than it just being some sort of badass symbol…? Anyway, when I got sent the tattoo pictured in this entry (by Nick Whybrow at Tattoo Inc in Colchester UK) I was reminded how rare nuclear symbol tattoos are — I think in almost eleven years of running BME I have received only two, whereas I’ve seen hundreds and hundreds of biohazard images. I have seen nuclear subs and nuclear families and even the Springfield nuclear plant, but the symbol itself, hardly ever…

PS. Got one and want to prove me wrong? Submit it at!

This entry was posted in ModBlog and tagged , , , by Shannon Larratt. Bookmark the permalink.

2 thoughts on “Tattoo WMD

Posted on 11-08-2005 15:51:23 by curlyhare1
    Do biohazard signs not signify a HIV+ male? At least thats what iv read on hypermikes page.

Posted on 11-08-2005 16:01:53 by Soralan
    yeah im pretty certain i read that about the biohazard sign too on a members page, who got it and then found out its meaning in the gay community (which he was part of?)

Posted on 11-08-2005 16:29:17 by glider
    Yes, it was the first entry on ModBlog!

Posted on 11-08-2005 16:29:44 by silver
    I read that in an experience

Posted on 11-08-2005 16:53:23 by rebekah
    I got my biohazard tattoo in the early 1990s, not as a political statement but because Evan Seinfeld is HAWT.

Posted on 11-08-2005 19:03:52 by Soralan
    haha! *hides in shame* well it does mean some of this stuff is being absorbed?

2. yea so much for that tatoo idea if it symbols HIV+ gay guys… i wanted it at the back of my neck… and no i don’t have any diseases… just thought it was hot.