The waste material you see below is all that was left of a magnet that had been in place for quite a while that was removed as part of testing — James Wisniewski, who removed the implant, writes,
“These are the remains of a single magnet implanted in a finger tip. The magnet has broken down, but left the surrounding tissue intact. This magnet was in for over eight months and there were no visible signs indicating any problem with the magnet. The removal was to check on the condition of these experimental magnets along with the interior pocket of tissue which it sat in.”
I’ll say again: the functional effects of the magnetic implants are absolutely wonderful, but their current stability and safety level is far from making them acceptable for general use in my opinion.