BDSM Slave project

Lynn (a BDSM slave) came in today asking for something a bit more unique. She was impressed by the 10g horizontal hood I had done on her last year and wanted to get something a bit more interesting for her master.

She mentioned to me that she wanted to get her outer labia pierced so I suggested two 10g curved titanium barbells with 7/32″ slave ring bead ends. We could then attach four CBR’s to it while it healed. Then she could either weight them or remove them and slide a 1&1/4″ curved barbell through both forming the beginning of a chastity. If she then felt the healing process went well and the jewelry felt good when healed we could continue the project downward forming a complete chastity. She agreed and was so happy with the result when I’d finished she jumped up and gave me a big hug! I had also allowed her master to watch the procedure which I rarely do but I was glad I did.

He complimented me the entire time and was surprisingly nice to Lynn.

Lots of love,

Lane

lane-outerlabia-blur.jpg

Lauren’s Phoenix

So Lauren got her first tattoo and wrote in asking my advice so I’m passing it on to see if anyone has ideas outside of the obvious. She had this phoenix done this most recent New Year’s Eve, after what she describes as “a volatile year” (I can relate!)…

It symbolizes my “rebirth” after a really hard and emotionally unstable time in my life. As well as the phoenix it has the script “i am flawed if i’m not free”, which are lyrics to a Rilo Kiley song. The quote reminds me to always live for myself and not other people, and the tattoo as a whole serves as a reminder that I am strong and don’t need anyone else to make me happy. I can’t wait to add some color! Any ideas?

The outline was done by Will Lollie from Empire Tattoo in Asheville, NC.

lauren-phoenix.jpg

“If I say it’s safe to surf this beach…”

One of the most striking modified people I know is Alice, who has a black sleeve, large scarification work, a mudra rib tattoo, a clamps chestpiece that I’ve featured before — loads of amazing work by artists such as Xed Le Head, Daniel DiMattia, Nicole Parish, Benoit, and Samppa Von Cyborg, but I really do get a kick out her little ankle script in faux-Hindi… look carefully, and you’ll see it reads “I’ll surf this beach” — an Apocalypse Now tattoo!

alice-tattoos-and-scar.jpg

Matty’s Facial Cutting and Suspension

It seems like a lot of the people writing me have had a rough 2007… I remember when 2007 started we had a number of unexpected deaths in this community and a few people remarked what a bad year they felt was upon us, and maybe they were right.

Matty definitely had that experience, so on the first day of 2008 he decided to shave his head and start afresh… He took this great B&W picture that day in his garden and shares it with us.

To help him get through the rough patch, in December he had the chance to do his first four point suicide suspension with the Hack Suspension Team in Canberra, Australia, and about a week later he had the wonderful experience of having Lukas Zpira do a facial cutting on him as part of Lukas’s workshop in Sydney, Australia.

There are some more pictures of his experiences after the break.

matty-bw.jpg

matty-face-cut-1.jpg

matty-face-cut-2.jpg

Above: Cutting by Lukas Zpira.
Below: Suspension with HACK

matty-suspend-1.jpg

matty-suspend-2.jpg

Feedback from Randy Sandoval

Randy Sandoval (aka “swarfmacdaddy” — artist’s impression below), a 47 year old CNC machinist and Blues fan from Sacramento, CA, wrote me with this charming site feedback,

From: “Randy Sandoval” [email protected]
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:09:25 -0800

Bme has got to be the most fucked up shit I have ever seen in my life! All is not lost though, as this is just a symptom of the impending end of mankind polluting this planet with its sickness. This planet will be better off without us, if this is how people reach enlightenment.

P.S. Fuck you and get a life

Well Randy, sorry your evening foray into edgy porn moved a little too far into the wild world of BME, but I do commend you on reaching the conclusion that the planet will be better off without you.

not-randy-sandoval.jpg

Lane’s Really Gross Leg Gash

Continuing in the drama that is Lane‘s leg-boob implant-gone-wrong (see also: part one and part two), Lane updates us with his healing, which like the implant, seemed to be going well but then turned out far worse than expected. He writes in describing his ordeal (and includes a gory picture of course),

Thursday night I had to take out the stitches that had been put in ten days earlier. My leg once again decided to let a great deal of clear lymphatic fluid out through the wound. Once I finished draining my leg I carefully removed the stitches. As I did so the wound opened right back up a second time. This time the tissue around the wound looked purple and dead. I cut away the dead tissue and decided it was time to stop screwing around and visit the hospital. I flushed the wound with saline, packed it with sterile gauze, then sensi-wrapped it and headed to the hospital.

All the way there I thought of a million excuses I could give them in order to prevent anyone from getting into trouble. Once in the parking lot I decided it would be in my best interest to just come clean with the truth in case something more serious was happening to me. I went up the the front desk, told the nurse that I had a large wound on my calf from an implant extraction that was going to require stitches. She immediately took down my info, filled out the forms and brought me to the suture room.

Ten minutes later a nurse approached me with her clipboard and documents and asked me what happened. Instead of unwrapping my leg I pulled up the images on my blackberry and showed her what we did, what had happened, and how it was looking now. She smiled and said “wow, that’s amazing”, followed by “I hope you did this all sterile”.

I explained all the precautions we had taken and the setup we used and the implant material, and then waited for the lecture as she left to get a doctor and surgeon to come look at the wound. To my surprise not one word of “you shouldn’t have done this” came out of their mouths. They checked my Blackberry, looked at the wound, and then told me, “good call on removing the dead tissue”. They said they wouldn’t suture it back up because the skin was too tight in this area and believed that it was part on the reason it keeps weeping and looks irritated. They said to clean it once a day with sterile saline, gob Polysporin over it and cover it with new gauze, then wrap it back up. I was told to expect it to take four to six weeks to heal, and six to eight months for the scar to turn white.

I was really expecting to have to deal with the health board and get a few speeches about the dangers but they were actually very helpful, gave me a few reasons most implants reject and every one was the same as BME or Brian had discussed already. They felt it was a simple case of rejection and the wound being too tight and sent me on my way saying there was no sign of infection and keep up the good work looking after it. WOW!

These days almost all “medical encounter” stories I hear are quite positive… Either way, if you have a problem that feels like it might be moving into territory that’s beyond what you’re comfortable with, do what Lane did and visit a doctor!

lanes-really-gross-leg-gash.jpg

Is it real or an art hoax?

will-skull-pill-ultrasound.jpg

Will took the photo below and lots more this summer in Lyon, France at a suspension event organized by Lukas Zpira, xEddyx and the guys from Marquis Body Art in La Demeure du Chaos. What’s most interesting to me is the ultrasound above, of which Will writes,

The first picture is of a scan. To get in you had to take a pill — I presume it was vitamin of some sort (I felt no ill effects anyway). Once you took the pill, the owner of the place scanned you and that’s what showed up, a nice little skull!

Whhhaaaaaat? – There were language barriers, but I asked Will to describe this in a little more detail and he explained,

We all queued up outside the main area. There was a big metal container where the guy sat. He introduced himself, asked me a few questions, asked me to take the tablet (a capsule type), and he then put some lubricant on my neck where a madison piercing would be. He scanned me with the ultrasound machine and it made a printout, and up showed my little skull, which I presume was inside the capsule.

The owner has a blog with a few more details in French (more), and here’s a shot of the scan being done

will-lukas-artkor-suspension.jpg

DIY Hand Poked Tattooing

Ryan (iam:Archetype), who you may remember from his triple wrist microdermals I featured earlier, did some simple hand-poked DIY tattooing on himself using a three-round and black tattoo ink.

I’m probably going to continue on doing it until it’s a perfect outline, maybe make it a bit thicker but I do have some hope that when I can get a hold of some more needles I’ll continue to do some more of my own tattooing on my leg and maybe make a piece out of it and ‘call it my own’. I’m glad I did it and it was a learning experience for myself and for my body.

All of my first tattoos (which are now almost twenty years old — how strange that is) were hand poked on myself, using a needle and India Ink. It’s true, they’re not the best tattoos, and some might argue that they’re close to the worst… but the experience of doing them myself and changing my body on my own was very valuable to me and I still treasure them.

ryan-diy-tattoo.jpg